- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Fife Council
- Education Service
- Management & Business Studies
- Other discipline / Specific area of work
- Management science
- Short Biography
My background is in mathematical modelling and I have worked in the broad area of local government research/analysis since 2003. I provide a lead on management information, analysis and research for the Education Service. My interests include:
- Performance management, including systems design and performance measurement.
- Educational outcomes, including attainment and achievement.
- The influence of school context, including deprivation and inclusion issues.
- Resource issues, including effectiveness and efficiency.
Understanding these various issues requires a variety of techniques in the broad areas of quantitative analysis and management science. I am also a member of the Steering Group for LARIA in Scotland (the Scottish branch of the Local Authorities Research and Inteligence Association), which aims to support local researchers across the Scottish public sector. My involvement with the AQMeN Executive Committee reflects the relevance and importance of AQMeN to researchers across the public and voluntary sectors.
- Member for
- 3 years 6 months